We have a Boy’s Hostel and a Girl’s Hostel that offer accommodation to 60 learners, 30 boys and 30 girls. We offer weekly boarding, from Monday to Friday. Learners may arrive back after a weekend on the Sunday afternoon between 16:00 – 17:30. All learners have to be collected on a Fiday before 18:00. The hostels offer a homely atmosphere where the learners can feel happy, safe and at home.
Housemothers are on duty to assist learners with feeding, dressing, bathing, etc. The Housemothers plan an afternoon programme to keep learners constructively busy, which include amongst others swimming, soccer, playing on the juncle gyms, etc.
Learners need to bring their own toy bag to the hostels to keep them occupied. They also watch TV at night. Learners enjoy three well balanced meals per day, as well as sandwiches for break time and a four o’clock fruit.
Parents should comply with the clothes list and other items like toiletries which are required for the boarders. The learners laundry is done at the hostel. Day scholars cannot be accommodated in the hostels before or after school.
Therapy offered at the school includes Occupational Therapy, Speech therapy and Audiology Services. Therapy is offered on an individual, small group or class basis– this is determined by the phase the child is in as well as the learners needs.
Therapy focuses on:
- Sensory – motor skills
- Job preparation/ work habits
- Social skills
- Functional skills and activities of daily living
- Maintenance of strength and range of motion
- Wheelchair positioning and mobility
- Language stimulation
- Auditory perception
- Augmentative and alternative communication
- Registered Teaching Staff
- Registered Therapists (Speech, Physio-
, Occupational Therapists)
- Registered Nursing Sister
- Administration Staff
- Housemothers in the Hostel/ Kitchen
- Maintenance Staff
- General Assistants in the Classrooms
- Hostels/ Kitchen/ Laundry